Pre-Op Anesthesia Instructions
It’s EXTREMELY important the morning of your surgery to take all your routine oral medications, such as blood pressure medications, take them as prescribed before your surgery with a small sip of water.
If this is not done, we will not be able to proceed with your surgery.
You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water, soda, or coffee) for 6 hours before your surgery appointment time. Nothing by mouth, UNLESS YOU HAVE MORNING MEDICATION THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN.
- Please hold off on taking any medications that thins the blood such as Warfarin, Coumadin, Eliquis, an adult aspirin. Our office will inform you prior to surgery as to when you will stop taking medications that thin your blood.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. If the patient is a minor, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the patient to the appointment.
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing, with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low heal shoes, no flip flops/slides.
- All facial piercings need to be removed prior to arriving for surgery.
- All electronic devices will need to be left in your car or with your driver during surgery. This includes cells phones, and smart watches. (Cell phones and smart watches are not allowed in surgical operatories)
For your convenience, we have made these instructions in PDF format for download: